- A current LDEI CO member identifies a prospective member and sends that prospective member’s information to the Membership Chair.
- The Membership Chair sends the prospective member an application and a cover letter inviting them to apply (both can be found on the Member Section of the LDEI CO website).
- The current LDEI CO member assists the prospective member as needed to complete the application and the prospective member submits that to the Membership Chair to nominate a perspective member.
- The nomination will be reviewed by the membership committee who then sends a recommendation to the Board.
- The Board votes on the prospective member.
- The Membership Chair sends a letter inviting or declining the application for membership.
- The prospective member accepts or rejects membership and pays dues by the date indicated in the acceptance letter.
- New members are formally presented at a New Member chapter meeting.
2017 Timeline for the LDEI Colorado New Member Procedure
June 15th – Email to LDEI CO Dames inviting them to suggest prospective new members
June 30th – Email from Membership Chair to prospective new members inviting them to apply
July 21st – All applications due
July 21st – July 28th – Membership committee reviews applications and makes recommendation to board
July 28th to July 31st – Board vote
August 1st – New members notified of acceptance, have until August 15th to accept offer to join the chapter and pay dues
September 1st – Dues must be paid to national