Please click here to view the cover letter that will be sent to any prospective new members that LDEI CO Dames nominate for membership.
Before you nominate a colleague for membership in LDEI CO, please take a moment to review the membership criteria and requirements to maintain membership in good standing.
Les Dames d’ Escoffier Membership Criteria
Candidates for membership shall be professional women of achievement who have been actively engaged for a minimum of five (5) years in careers related to food, beverage and hospitality. Candidates shall be dedicated to the purposes of the Chapter:
- To further the knowledge, understanding and appreciation of food, beverage and hospitality in the tradition of Auguste Escoffier.
- To promote the education and advancement of women with careers in food, beverage and hospitality.
- To promote high standards in the industries related to food, beverage and hospitality.
- To advise, assist and support fellow members in matters pertaining to their careers in food, beverage and hospitality.
- To disseminate information that advances the purposes and interests of the Chapter.
- To raise and disburse funds for scholarships and other educational opportunities for current and prospective professional women in the industries related to food, beverage and hospitality, and for other worthy projects.
- To raise national and international awareness of the State of Colorado as a destination for the culinary arts.
- To maintain affiliation with Les Dames d’Escoffier International (hereinafter referred to as the “Society”) and to respect its code of ethics.
Les Dames d’Escoffier Colorado Membership Requirements
- Members shall support and work for the purposes of the Chapter, shall abide by its Bylaws and Standing Rules, and shall work harmoniously with others in the Chapter to achieve the Society’s goals.
- Members must pay annual dues by the date set by the Treasurer.
- Each member must attend a minimum of three fundraising Events or Chapter meetings annually. The following activities by any member shall count as satisfying attendance at one event:
- Actively serve as a committee member
- Sponsor an event
- Serve on the Chapter Board of Directors
- Serve on the National Board of LDEI
- Members who are unable to meet the attendance requirement for active membership in any given year may remain an Active Member by making a $50 donation to the Chapter’s Scholarship fund, managed by the Chapter. This donation shall be a fully tax deductible donation.