Company: Cooking with Michele®
Address: 2403 S. Milwaukee St., Denver, CO 80210
Social Media: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn
Bio: Michele Morris is the owner of Cooking with Michele®, where she teaches private cooking lessons for both adults and children. As a freelance food and travel writer, she has contributed to numerous regional publications, including The Denver Post, Colorado Homes & Lifestyles, Edible Front Range, and Nourish and is the author of a popular food blog offering recipes, tips, menus, and more. She is also featured on PBS’s Create channel, where she offers short cooking tips.
Michele volunteers extensively for a number of organizations:
- Chef Educator for Share Our Strength’s Cooking Matters program, teaching nutrition and healthy cooking classes to families on a budget
- Cooking Teacher for Slow Food Denver’s Seed to Table school alliance in front range schools.
- Instructor Chef for Work Options for Women, helping impoverished women gain the skills and confidence they need to work their way out of poverty and become gainfully and permanently employed in the food service industry
- Participating neighborhood gardener for Produce for Pantries, a movement seeking to move excess produce from gardens into local food pantries
Michele is a cookbook author and food photographer:
Michele’s first cookbook Tasting Colorado: Favorite Recipes from the Centennial State (Farcountry Press), was released in 2013 and won several awards, including the Colorado Book Award for general nonfiction. Tasting Colorado showcases the dazzling variety of Colorado’s cuisine, from classic Western fare to innovative fusions of global flavors. Mouthwatering photographs complement 120 recipes both simple and sumptuous from Colorado’s finest restaurants, lodges, and bed-and-breakfasts. Detailed information about the book may be found here.
Michele’s most recent book, A Taste of Washington: Favorite Recipes from the Evergreen State, showcases Washington’s remarkably diverse cuisine, from classic Pacific Northwest fare to innovative fusions of global flavors. Mouthwatering photographs complement 120 recipes both simple and sumptuous from the finest restaurants, inns, lodges, bistros, cafés, and bed-and-breakfasts across Washington state, and was released in 2014. Click here for detailed information about the book.
Colorado Authors’ League
Cooking Matters Colorado, past Advisory Board Chair
International Culinary Tourism Association
International Wine Guild, Certified Chef of Wine Arts
Les Dames d’Escoffier Colorado Chapter
Slow Food International
- Winner, 2014 Colorado Book Award, General Nonfiction
- Winner, 2014 CAL Writing Awards, Book Adult General Nonfiction
- IPPY Bronze Medal, 2014 Independent Publisher Book Awards
- Bronze Award, Cookbook, 2014 PubWest Book Design Awards
Share Our Strength Hall of Fame Volunteer
Cooking Matters Colorado, Board Member of the Year 2011
Cooking Matters Colorado, Outstanding Volunteer of the Year 2010