Pack A Fork! tours are about a providing cultural immersion through seeing, doing, creating and learning. You will experience new ways to see the world through this multi-faceted approach. Designed for inquisitive travelers, Pack A Fork! provides guests an opportunity to travel and experience a region through its culture and local cuisine.
Our Spain trip is for inquisitive travelers – those who want to satisfy their curiosity through fun, active, immersive experiences. Our two Spanish guides will lead you through this journey having designed this unique trip and traveled in Spain for 35 years. They will provide guided travel where you will become engaged in cultural and culinary experiences specific to the Catalan and Basque regions of Spain.
This trip is for those who want to ‘do’, not just ‘see’ – those who want to stretch their minds, their skills and their culinary knowledge. Our Spain tour will give you a fresh perspective about these two distinct regions of Spain.
Tour itinerary includes: Barcelona (2 days), the Costa Brava (2 days), Pyrenees Mountains (2 days), San Sebastian (2 days) and Bilbao/Guggenheim Museum (1 day).
- Experience the best of Barcelona – from a local’s perspective
- Learn about the world of famed Spanish architect, Antoni Gaudi, and experience three landmarks: La Sagrada, Casa Mila & Park Guell
- Stroll Barcelona’s Las Ramblas taking in the palatial buildings, cafes, artisan shops, dancers and street performers
- Taste and learn about traditional Catalan cuisine as well as ‘new’ Catalan cuisine
- Dine at Barcelona’s oldest restaurant
- Partake in a ‘tapa crawl’ (like locals) to some of Barcelona’s best tapa and wine bars
- Tour La Boqueria food market in Barcelona and learn about local artisan foods, fish, meats and produce
- Learn about Spanish wines and cava in a wine seminar led by a sommelier
- Take in views of Barcelona from two Gaudi landmarks – La Sagrada and Park Guell
- Wander through rural medieval towns in the countryside
- Discover hidden cafes in medieval towns
- Enjoy picnic lunches
- Relax on the beach on the Costa Brava and enjoy some of the most beautiful water in the world
- Visit a fishing village on the Costa Brava where Salvadore Dali lived and worked
- Hike in the Pyrenees at a Catalan National Park
- Discover the city of San Sebastian known for its seafood and exceptional gastronomy
- Participate in a hands-on cooking class with Basque a chef in San Sebastian
- Tour San Sebastian’s Brexta marketplace with our Basque chef
- Experience two of northern Spain’s most notable art museums: Dali Theatre-Museum & The Guggenheim Museum
- Participate in a pintxos hunt (local style) through some of San Sebastian’s best pintxos bars & cafes
- Experience Spanish gastronomy from a 3* Micelelin chef at our Farewell Dinner
- Have time to yourself for rest and relaxation on a group tour