September 25 – 30, 2016
Group Size: 15 max.
Discover Napa during harvest or ‘crush’ season – the best time of year to visit! This tour is custom-designed to offer the best Napa has to offer. The trip focuses on harvesting of grapes, the art and science of wine making, gourmet California cuisine, the bounty of local seasonal ingredients, cooking with a Napa chef, wine blending, olive oil tasting, picnics, the farm-to-table movement and more! Napa is a bountiful valley and just waiting to be discovered during its harvest season. Important to Pack A Fork! tours is time to unwind and relax. That element is also built into the small group tour!
- Experience guided tours of select Napa Valley estate vineyards and wineries; wine tastings at each
- Learn about viticulture from a wine educator – from ‘vineyard to glass’
- See the ‘crush’ process in action as well as other seasonal winemaking activities
- Taste Napa’s red and white wines – some with food pairings
- Tour the Napa Farmer’s Market and Oxbow Market with a local chef who will introduce us to regional produce, meats, cheeses, oils, vinegars and spices from around the world
- Participate in a hands-on cooking class with our Napa chef using ingredients purchased from the farmer’s markets culminating in our own wine country feast! Learn chef techniques and tips.
- Experience the Carneros Valley with its stunning views, vine-covered hills and cool ocean breezes perfect for growing Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes
- Learn about the process of making award-winning California olive oil from the owner of an olive oil ranch; experience an olive oil tasting you will always remember!
- Learn to blend your own wine with a wine expert in a private wine-blending course
- Enjoy lunch on one of the most beautiful outdoor terraces in Napa while overlooking vineyards
- Picnic on the grounds of a Tuscan winery
- Fall in love with farm-to-table dinners! Experience one you will not forget.
- Discover why so many chefs source from their own farms and culinary gardens; take a tour of a chef’s culinary garden
- Visit a winery that’s as well known for its contemporary art as it is for its exceptional wines
Five nights accommodations at the 5* Senza Hotel
Gourmet meals, food pairings and picnics
Guided, private tours and experiences
Wine tasting fees, taxes and gratuities
A private coach and driver
Airfare and airport transfers
Note: Trip starts in Napa
A great trip for family and friends (guests must be 21 years of age)!